Aesop's Fables Remixed
It's not a secret that we believe in the learning power of storytelling. 30hands Pro lets students have the freedom to create their own stories and show what they know through digital storytelling.
Now, we're bringing you a new compilation of Aesop's Fables Remixed. We've taken some of Aesop's classic and lesser known stories and mixed them together into full-length stories. The stores will take your students into the village of Berry where magical and adventurous things happen during the Annual Road Race. The first volume includes 5 narrated stories (25 minutes of reading) along with lessons, questions and activities to emphasize the learning value in the stories.
Students can listen to the narration or read on their own. If they have 30hands Pro available, they can also create their own versions of the stories.
The first 5 stories include:
1) The Village (by 30hands)
2) The Tortoise and the Hare, Part 1 (by Aesop)
3) The Lion’s Share and the Three Bulls (2 Aesop’s fables combined)
4) The Milkmaid and the Pail (by Aesop)
5) The Miser (by Aesop)
The fables cover 5 areas of learning based on standards and Bloom’s Taxonomy:
1) Listening to a story
2) Reading a story
3) Thinking about a story and answering questions about it
4) Performing activities that emphasize concepts in the story, often times a science concept
5) Creating a story from scratch, either by recounting the same story in the child’s own words or creating a new story.
We hope you and your students enjoy this adventure around the magical village of Berry. If you like these stories and want us to create more, please let us know.
If you want to learn more about 30hands Learning and what we are doing to make teachers and students more powerful, check out our blog.